Sunday, December 03, 2006

Team Dave

Busy weekend. Met a friend on Thursday for a few drinks and got invited to a club on Friday night, not the best idea as I work on Saturdays but as i've been here for 2 months and not had a big night out yet I threw caution to the wind.
Worked Friday until 9pm, got a train home and was in my apartment at about 10pm, by 10:20 I was catching the train again on my way out. Few drinks in Shibuya then went onto Daikanyama to a club called Unit for a night of dancing to Tech House. Stayed there until 6am, walked back to Shibuya and caught one of the first trains home, got in at about 7:30. Had about 45 minutes to have a shower, get changed and gather my stuff then was back onto the train on my way into work. Was absolutely knackered on the train but perked up a lot after my first hour in work. Didnt drink much in the night as I knew I had a fairly busy day with kids lessons etc so was more lack of sleep and dancing. Think I somehow went beyond being tired and came out the other side as I got through the day, then went straight from work to a Christmas Party!
Party was for one of my schools (Kichijoji) and was mainly students. Each teacher was allocated a team of students (hence the team Dave title) and we had a few games to play such as identifying pictures of famous people with beards drawn on them, a modified version of blankety blank etc. Free food and drinks but only lasted 2 hours and most of that involved me sorting the students out so not that exciting. Managed to catch the bus home this time and got in at 11pm....went to bed at 12, 39 hours in all...wont be doing that every week!

No comments: