Friday, August 03, 2007

*Cough, Cough*

Took my first day off sick today (not bad in 10 months considering my silly workload most weeks), picked up a nasty cold this week and suffering as a result. Perhaps due to the warmth and humidity outside and cold air conditioning inside, Japanese summers are not much fun. However as what I see as a disproportionate amount of pay is lost for sick days I doubt I'll be missing tomorrow as well. Students will have to make do with my husky voice, sniffing, and coughing spells in the lessons.
I lay under a duvet and watched 3 episodes of Peep Show, and two films - Talladega Nights, and The Simpsons Movie all on the Internet. Now I'm planning on eating shumai (Chinese pastry parcel things) and watching another film.

My holidays start next week so hopefully i'll be back to full health by Wednesday. I've got about 8 days off work so i'm gonna go and see a bit more of Japan. The exact destination hasn't been decided yet, so i'll keep you all in suspenders for now.

No comments: