Monday, January 29, 2007

Quick Update

Nothing groundbreaking in the last few weeks, but heres a very quick rundown.

Did my two 6 day working weeks and as such didn't have much time to do anything else, I've had another week of work and am now back to my two days off a week for at least the next 6 weeks , YAY!

I finally got my hair cut after 3 or so months of avoiding trying to explain what I wanted done to a Japanese hairdresser. I got one of my school managers to come down with me and explain as it was in the same building. One benefit is that you don't get the usual hairdresser chat. It was limited to him asking if I was American (in japanese of course 'Americajin des ka') and then later telling me that he was giving me a Jenson Button haircut! I'm not sure what one of those is, but I think that most Japanese people must go to the hairdressers with a picture in their hand or a a famous person in mind as a lot of people suggested I do that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Jenson has a better hairdresser than this guy, I won't be going back...bit uneven and I had to get someone to tidy it up a bit for me...aight now though.

The intensive course I did last year isn't on this year as nobody signed up and as such I have a 3 hour gap in my timetable on a Sunday. Occasionally this will get filled up but quite often I get to finish a bit earlier. One such day I went to watch some professional kickboxing. Nice small venue so very close to the action. Few of the fighters came down in strange stuff, one in a cape and a mask, one guy was a typical Shibuya boy (area of Tokyo where lots of these late teen/early 20 year olds gather with long 80s hair, too much tan and what look like ladies clutch bags) but the best was a guy who came out dressed head to toe in a spiderman outfit! to the spiderman theme...the old one...not from the newish film. He won too, then did spiderman shooting webs type poses for the camera men around the ring.

Been out a few times too, spent too much money :-(.

No comments: